The competitions will be held at the South of England Stamp Fair & Sussex Convention, Norfolk Pavilion, South of England Centre, Ardingly Showground, Ardingly, RH17 6TL
SATURDAY 28 OCTOBER 2023 10.00am – 4.00 pm
Competition categories are:
16-sheet One Frame competition subject to the Rules and Regulations for National Thematic Philately competitions
JOHN FOSBERY TROPHY
16-sheet One Frame competition subject to the Rules and Regulations for National Open Philately competitions
BRIAN SOLE TROPHY
16-sheet One Frame competition for Picture Postcards subject to the Rules and Regulations for National Picture Postcard competitions
BTA CHAMPIONSHIP CLASS
16-sheet One Frame competition for Pictorial Classes; open to previous winners of the BTA’s annual competitions. Subject to the Rules and Regulations for National Pictorial Class competitions.
Please complete the Entry Form and send it to –
Andrew Millington, Flat 4, 87 Shurdington Road, Cheltenham, GL53 0JQ. Tel: 0770 8356757. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of entry forms: Monday October 2023.
Please send sheets to:
from Saturday 14th October (or earlier if you notify him) but no later than Tuesday 24th October; or deliver them to the Fair (first floor) by 10.00 on 28th October. Scanned entries from overseas members (see Rule 3) to be sent by Tuesday 24th October.
1. Every exhibit must have an Introductory Page as the first sheet. All sheets must be enclosed in protectors and the pages numbered at the foot of the page.
2. There will be an entry fee of £10 for each competition. A receipt will be issued and must be produced if collecting the entry after the Exhibition has closed. All four competitions will be open to all and not restricted to BTA members.
3. We accept entries from overseas members. These should be sent as scans (300 - 400 dpi, pdf format) to: email@example.com (deadline as per instructions for this year’s competition).
4. Judges will be appointed who are qualified in judging Thematic Philately and/or Open Philately and/or Picture Postcard exhibits at Federation or National level.
Thematic, Open and Postcard Class
The winner of any of these competitions will not be allowed to enter the same exhibit in the same competition at any time in the future.
1. The Championship Class will cover all aspects of theme-based philately: i.e., Thematic Philately, Open Ohilately, and Picture Postcards.
2. The Championships Class is open to past winning exhibits of any of the BTA’s competitions: The BTA Cup, The John Fosbery Trophy and The Brian Sole Trophy. Exhibits will be based on previous winning exhibits but can of course be modified. Past winners who are exhibiting new subjects should enter the other classes in the BTA’s Annual Competitions.
3. Entries will be one frame (16 sheets), regardless of whether the qualifying winning exhibit was one or two frames.
4. A person may only enter one exhibit in The Championship Class.
5. All entries will be judged to national standards using the appropriate marking schedule (Thematic, Open, Picture Postcard) on the next page. There will be one winner and that will be the entry with the most points.
AWARDS. The Minimum points required to achieve LARGE GOLD level is 90.
For Gold level is 85 For Silver level is 65
For Large Vermeil level is 80 For Silver Bronze level is 60
For Vermeil level is 75 For Bronze level is 55
For Large Silver level is 70 For Certificate of Participation below 55
|Thematic Philately – BTA Cup|
|Treatment||Title and Plan||15|
|Knowledge, Study & Research||Thematic||15|
|Condition and Rarity||Condition||10|
|Open Philately – John Fosbery Thematic Trophy|
|Treatment||Title & Plan||10|
|Knowledge and Research||Philatelic||20|
|MARKING Picture Postcard Class - Brian Sole Trophy|
|Idea, Plan and Treatment of the Topic||Idea and Plan||10|
|Knowledge and Research||35|
|Condition and Rarity||Condition||10|
Click here to download the application form