31/01/2022 @ 11:53pm
The BTA is very pleased to announce the launch of its 2nd Virtual One-Page Competition.
You can find details and rules below. The closing date is 31st January 2022. Entries should be sent to our Competition Officer – Andrew Millington – who will be happy to answer any questions; but beware he will strongly encourage you to ‘have a go’ if you contact him!
All entrants will be judged, so that we can determine some ‘best in class’ entries and all entrants will receive feedback from an accredited judge.
You do not have to be a member to enter, so have a go and showcase your philatelic interests. We’d love to see them!
1. Exhibits can be on any aspect of pictorial, thematic or topical collecting on any subject you like. Stamps, covers, postal stationery, slogan or commemorative postmarks, picture postcards, etc. are included: i.e., anything within the remit of a Thematic, Topical, Picture Postcard or Open Philately class in an organised competition.
2. Exhibits can either be one A4 page or up to an A3 sheet (i.e. 2 x A4) in either portrait or landscape format. We may decide to judge different size sheets separately.
3. Your page must have a title and a short introduction. Do not include your name on the page.
4. The exhibit must tell a story.
5. The balance of philatelic material-to-text is your choice. Try to make the presentation of the page attractive.
6. Your page can be printed, typed or handwritten but it must be in English.
7. The closing date for entries is 31 January 2022.
8. There is no fee to enter this competition (though in future years there may be a modest entry fee).
9. Points will be awarded as follows:
Title and Introduction (maximum 10)
The story (40)
Quality of material (10)
Non-thematic information (15)
Variety of material (10)