The content of this site and content of sites linked to and from this site are provided 'as is' and ‘as available’, without warranties of any kind.
The British Thematic Association (BTA) does not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the information or interruption in availability. You are advised to verify the accuracy of any information before relying on it.
BTA does not warrant that the materials will be error free, nor free of viruses, defamatory, offensive, or other harmful matter. You assume the entire cost of any necessary service, repair, or correction.
The information on this website does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of BTA. Neither should any suggestions or advice contained on this website be relied upon in place of professional advice. You are responsible for checking the accuracy of relevant facts, instructions, suggestions and/or opinions given on this website before entering into any commitment based upon them. The materials that can be accessed from linked sites are not maintained by BTA and we are not responsible for the contents thereof.
Any reference to a linked site or third party by name does not constitute or imply its endorsement by us, and you assume all risk with respect to its use.
You agree to use this site for lawful purposes only and not in any way that might infringe third party rights or that might bring BTA into disrepute or ridicule.
You shall not use the website to disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation or to disseminate any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold BTA and our affiliates harmless from any claims, losses, damages and expenses arising from your use of the site.
Copyright and Trade Marks
The copyright and all other rights in the material on this website are owned by us or are included with the permission of the owner of the rights.
As a visitor to this website, you may download a single copy of the material on this website on a single computer for your own private viewing/listening purposes only. Single copies of pages from this website may be printed out for the sole purposes of enabling the person printing the page to retain a copy for their own personal records. No copying or distribution of material on this website for any commercial or business use is permitted without our prior written consent.
No photography, filming, broadcast, alteration or modification of the pages of this website is permitted without our prior written consent except as may be reasonably necessary to use the website. Subject to this paragraph, all rights in material on this website are reserved to BTA.
Use of any software available for downloading from the site is governed by the terms of the license agreement accompanying the software.
All trade marks, service marks, and trade names in this site are the marks of the respective owner(s), and any unauthorised use is prohibited.
On certain parts of this website we may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself and where you do this you agree to:
1. Provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the "Registration Data")
2. Maintain and promptly update the Registration Data (by sending an appropriately worded e-mail to us to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
3 Any personal data you provide will be processed by the BTA in conformity with the requirements of current UK data protection legislation.
If you send any text, images, audio or other content to this website you accept that the files sent, and all rights therein, become the sole property of BTA and that we shall have the right to use that content in perpetuity, throughout the world, in all known and discovered mediums and for all purposes and we shall have the right to make it available to the public on this website and otherwise. All material must comply with the rules on User Content Pages, set out below. We may require you to confirm the rights granted in this paragraph and where requested to do so you shall provide all reasonable assistance to us.
User Content Pages - Rules of Acceptable Use
Any discussion forums or pages of the website where you are capable of posting material are provided for your private and non-commercial use and for the exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions and comment. Use of the website that is inconsistent with those stated purposes is strictly prohibited. Your use of these forums and the website generally is subject to the following terms which, by your use of the forums and the website, you are deemed to accept (and which amount to a non-exhaustive list of prohibited acts):
• You may not use obscene or offensive language.
• You may not place on the website any material which is defamatory, abusive, discriminatory or hateful or which applauds, encourages or entices abuse, discrimination or hate.
• You may not post any material on the website which has been disclosed to you in confidence or which, by its nature, is confidential.
• You may not post any material on the website which compromises the privacy or security of anyone other than yourself.
• You may not place on the website any material which may encourage criminal conduct or which may give rise to civil liability, or which is otherwise unlawful.
• You may not place on the site any material, including images, belonging to any person (or any material where the rights belong to any person) other than yourself without the prior written consent of the owner of it.
• You may not place on the site, or link to a third party site, any material where the use by BTA, or any third party licensed or permitted by The Institute, will give rise to any third party claims.
• You may not place any links on the website where those links take users to unlawful material or material that contravenes these Rules of Acceptable Use.
• You may not place on the website advertisements nor make commercial solicitations nor use the website for any commercial purposes (which would include using the website to promote or encourage the sale of your goods/services).
• You may not place on the website any material that authorises, enables or encourages the dissemination of junk mail or chain letters.
• You grant BTA the unrestricted right to use, reproduce, translate and distribute any material you place on the site.
• Whilst we do not pre-screen submissions placed on our online forums, we do have the right (but not the obligation) at our sole discretion to review, edit, move or delete any material submitted to our online forums.
• BTA accepts no responsibility for any statements, material or other submissions placed on our online forums by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage resulting from your breach of these Rules of Acceptable Use.
• You agree to indemnify BTA, its associated companies and its representatives and employees from any and all damages, claims and liabilities (including legal fees) and expenses of any kind which arise from your actions, statements, contributions or other submissions to our online forums, from any unauthorised use of material obtained from our online forums or otherwise from your breach of our Rules of Acceptable Use.
• Profile images can include a personal portrait or other non-offensive and non-copyright content, for example, company logos are not permitted. Inappropriate images will result in your forum account being suspended.
• You agree that you will process any personal information you find in the BTA web site in accordance with the requirements of current UK data protection legislation.
Removal of content
We will not view or edit or pre-screen any contribution that you or anyone else make to the forums or to the website generally and therefore, unless we are specifically notified of the nature of any item of content, you cannot assume that we are responsible for having made it available on the website.
We, and others that we designate, shall have the right (but not the obligation) at our sole discretion to suspend your forum account, refuse or remove any content that is posted to, or available on, the forums or the website for any breach of these terms and conditions, or because, in the reasonable opinion of the BTA Committee, the presence of said content damages the interests of the BTA.
If you object to the publication of any material placed on our online forums (or anywhere else on this website) please let us know by contacting us and we will take whatever action deemed appropriate.